Sunday, March 1, 2009

Busy, busy, busy.....

Sorry I haven't been around for the last week, when I tell you that I have been busy, that is an understatement!! Some of you may or may not know that I do work outside the home 3 days a week managing an apartment community. Well, once a year our owner's like to visit from California and they expect absolute perfection on the property. Well, let me tell you, when you have an apartment community on over 40 acres that is 25 years old, that is a little tough. So, I've been doing quite a bit of manual labor over the last week and a half. I scrubbed windows, floors, toilets, breezeways...you name it, I've done it! I've ruined at least 1/2 dozen pairs of pants and shirts with bleach stains....and to top it off, I've been EXHAUSTED! I worked 35 hours in 3 days!!

My first day off was Thursday and I couldn't wait to ship Emerson off to her little morning preschool so I could get some sewing done and OF COURSE, she woke up sick as a dog, poor thing. She has horrible allergies and between that and the cold she's been fighting for almost 2 months now, it just finally got the best of her. So off to the doctor we went....she has bronchitis and a sinus infection. So now the poor thing is on Zyrtec, Hydroxine, Singulair, Pulmicort (her usual meds) and they added Augmentin and Nasonex to the mix, oh and lets not forget the two steroid creams we use for her exzema. I was completely frustrated this week, I can't decide if all these medications are worthwhile, is drugging my child half to death working for her? She is still itchy and red, she is still sniffly and snarfy, and she is still wheezing and coughing? I really don't know what to do at this point!! I guess we could move to the desert? This crazy weather isn't helping either, one minute it is 85 and the next day we get a cold front and it is 35!!

Sorry to vent on you about all of this, but I've just about had enough! I feel so badly for her, she just never feels like a normal child, it is always something. I am so grateful that her health problems are so minor in comparison to what other children are going through, but I can't help but be discouraged that her allergies seem to get worse and worse each day. If any of you have children with food and environmental allergies, I'd love some suggestions on other things you may have tried successfully.

So basically, I'm behind, as usual. I've had this cute Easter set done for TWO WEEKS and still haven't taken pictures to list it. But, I'm determined to do it today and list this evening as it is a collaboration with my dear friend Debbie of polkadotsandpigtails. Then, I can honestly say, I think I may take a few weeks off. I've got Debbie and her little girl Rilyn coming to visit at the end of the month, then my in-laws are coming for a week, and then it is Emerson's birthday and we are going to Disney for a week! So we have a lot of fun things coming up too and I just don't want to be too overwhelmed and exhausted! I may try and get a couple OOAK's listed between now and then, but I really want to make Emerson something spectacular to wear for her birthday. We are all about princesses this year. I can't wait to share with you the details of her party....I don't want to say yet because I need to call and get all the information tomorrow, but once I confirm it, I'll share everything with you :)

I hope everyone is doing well!! Please, if anyone has any suggestions about what to do for my poor allergy stricken child, I'd love to hear them :) Have a happy rest of the weekend :)

3 comments:

Lula Bee said...

I don't have any suggestions...but I feel for you girl! Let's just pray that they get better as she gets older :).

Emerson*Rose Designs said...

Thanks Allison!! I know you understand!!

spewdfree said...

Hello,
My son is allergic to soy, peanuts, eggs, wheat and dairy. I started a website www.spewdfree.com to help others who suffer from food allergies. I hope it helps you a little.
Thanks,
Heather